I am having a difficult time coming up with a title for an A-B-C coloring book that I have written, so I’m hosting a contest.
Here’s the skinny:
- It’s free to enter.
- You may only enter once, but may include up to three titles max (all in same entry submission).
- You must provide a valid email address with your entry (so I can let you know if you win).
- Contest starts today and closes on February 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM (MST). Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Entries must be submitted via the fill-in form below.
- No other rules, exceptions, or details apply. This is straight forward and simple.
- If there are exact duplicate titles entered, the first one received will be the only one considered.
- I am the judge and my decision is binding and final.
- I will not use your email for any reason except to contact you if you win. The winning title and creator’s name will be posted on this site on March 3, 2017.
So what do you win?
- Three (3) copies of the finished coloring book.
- Your name credited inside. “Title created by: “
- One book of your choosing from my published collection.
- My eternal gratitude.
About the Book:
The coloring book is an A-B-C/counting/ activity/writing book done via haiku poems. Each letter is brought to life by a three line haiku (5-7-5 syllable count per line) listing items starting with the same letter. Page examples are below. The target age group for the book is Pre-K through Grade 2. Each poem is accompanied by two drawings to color. The coloring pages are blank on the backside of the page, so they can be cut out and put on grandma’s fridge or in the parent’s cubicle at work. There may also be an Instagram or Pinterest page where parents can post their child’s (or grandparents can post their grandkid’s) art work or haiku.
The books contains information on ways to utilize the material inside for different learning skills, such as: math/counting, reading/language, syllables, expression through coloring/art, pages to create their own haiku poem, and more.
Examples from the book:
Think you got it? Great. So why not give it a shot. Remember you can enter only once, but can put up to three titles in your entry. Entries with more than three entries will be ignored. Be creative and good luck !